El Paso Adoption Lawyer
Helping You Navigate the Adoption Process in El Paso, Texas
Adopting child or becoming a child’s guardian can be an incredibly exciting time in your life, but can also be a complicated and frustrating procedure. Focus your energy on welcoming the child into your life and let us handle the rest. The Law Office of Erica P. Rios can help you cut through the red tape, guiding you through the process of adopting or obtaining guardianship.
Our El Paso lawyer has a thorough understanding of Texas law, plus years of experience helping clients become legal guardians. We approach every case with your goals in minds and work tirelessly to help you achieve them.
Adopting a child is a milestone in a parent’s life but, unfortunately, the path to adoption can be long and tedious. There are several different kinds of adoption, each with their own processes and requirements.
Some of the types of adoption in El Paso we can help with include:
- Agency Adoptions: Public and private agencies exist to facilitate adoptions by placing children with parents seeking to adopt.
- Independent Adoption: Parents wanting to put their child up for adoption can do so independently of an agency by connecting directly with prospective adoptive parents.
- Stepparent Adoption: If you have remarried and are hoping to adopt your new spouse’s child, you can do so through stepparent adoption.
- Relative Adoption: Extended family members such as grandparents, aunts, and uncles can adopt a child in certain circumstances.
- International Adoption: Perhaps the most difficult option, international adoption refers to the process of adopting a child in a foreign country.
Our experienced attorney is prepared to help you determine the best type of adoption for you and will provide the legal guidance needed to start and complete an adoption in El Paso.